The Dr. Hauschka Way
"As a long-time Dr Hauschka devotee I am thrilled that Susan is bringing her message of health and sustainability to a broader audience... promoting the notion of approaching beauty from inside out."
In a culture that idealizes youthful looks and encourages elaborate makeovers or even surgery to achieve them, the idea of natural beauty is often all but ignored.
But true beauty is within reach for women of any age, without submitting to needles or knives. The secret is nurturing beauty from the inside as well as on the surface, caring for both body and soul in a way that will naturally result in the smooth skin and radiant glow of good health, whether one is eighteen or eighty.
A-list celebrities, professional make-up artists, and Hollywood stylists have long embraced Dr. Hauschka's botanical products, attracted by their extraordinary results and the company's thirty-five-year commitment to purity, therapy and luxury. Now the same extraordinary results are available to the rest of us through a rejuvenating prescription for healing. In Awakening Beauty, Susan West Kurz, president of Dr. Hauschka, Inc., USA, and a long-time devotee of the company's products, offers readers a transformative programme grounded in Dr. Hauschka's key principles of natural ingredients and working with the body's rhythms. Her suggestions, when followed, naturally restore healthy, radiant skin and a sense of peace and well-being, and can even result in weight loss.
Awakening Beauty outlines a series of achievable lifestyle changes that can dramatically improve appearance in a single month. First and foremost, Kurz describes how using organically grown and mindfully harvested products can have a positive impact on the body and skin. While simple dietary changes begin to repair and renew the body, the complementary use of meditation, massage, and exercise enhances good health inside and out. Kurz's holistic approach is founded on an understanding of the body's own natural rhythms, using them to direct the way each of us receives and responds to subtle cravings for nutrition and care. By recognizing exactly how skin behaves and how it responds to other parts of the body, we can use specific practices to improve the way we care for our skin and improve our overall health. Awakening Beauty includes detailed advice on the most effective ways to wash, tone and moisturise skin using home-made products, as well as tips on how to critically assess skin care claims and break unhealthy habits. Meal plans, meditation techniques, advice on addressing specific skin conditions and an extensive collection of recipes complete this remarkable story. In just thirty days you can transform your skin and bring forth a natural, glowing beauty that is truly your own.
- Exercises for reducing stress and maximizing energy.
- Guidelines for restoring the skin's vitality and treating specific conditions with medicinal plants.
- A discussion of the five skin types: oily, dry, sensitive, ageing and normal.
- Gentle, easy home treatments for cleansing, toning, moisturising and night care.
- An explanation of the link between radiant skin, healthy digestion and kidney function, and a suggested routine for proper care.
- Tips on supporting healthy skin care through spiritual awareness and inner strength.
- A thirty-day programme of prescriptive and synergistic suggestions for diet, fitness and skin therapy.
- Easy to follow recipes featuring foods that support the Dr. Hauschka programme for healthy skin.
Publisher: Clairview Books