The Genius of Play
Celebrating the spirit of childhood
by Sally Jenkinson
Children move like quick fire from the fantastic to the everyday, when free to express the genius of play. The Genius of Play addresses what play is, why it matters, and how modern life endangers children's play. Here is an outspoken Children's Play Charter for parents and teachers, which celebrates the playful spirit of childhood.
Sally Jenkinson asks;
- What do children express in their play?
- How does play develop empathy and social skills?
- How are children influenced by inappropriate toys, TV and consumerism?
- How does play develop children's imaginations?
- Why do children need adults who encourage play?
- How lively childhood players become creative adult thinkers?
Published in association with the Alliance for Childhood.
Publisher: Hawthorn Press
Dimensions: 13.7 x 21.1 x 1.3cm
Weight: 295 grammes