Gardening for Life
The Biodynamic Way
by Maria Thun
Biodynamic techniques recognise that plant life is intimately bound up with the life of the soil; that the soil itself is alive and that the degree of vitality influences the health of the crops. You will soon be able to grow quality produce which possesses vitality and has the highest flavour, through the nurture of the soil.
Sharing its principles, methods and techniques with organic farming, biodynamic agriculture additionally acknowledges that the plant’s growth is also affected by planetary influences like the waxing and waning of the moon.
Whether you are an experienced gardener or not, whether or not you have used permaculture or grown organic produce before, this book offers accessible tips on:
- Favourable times for planting, harvesting and growing
- Building soil fertility – crop changes and rotation
- How planets and stars affect plant growth
- Making Biodynamic preparations
- Dealing with weeds, fungal plant diseases and pests
- Growing root, leaf, flower and fruit plants
Gardening for Life is fully illustrated in colour, with helpful instructions, an index and follow up information.
“This beautifully illustrated, comprehensive guide is a must for all thoughtful gardeners wishing to work in harmony with heaven and earth.”
Jean Westlake, Gardener and author
212 x 160mm
Publisher: Hawthorn Press